Overseas Couples

For overseas couples wanting to get married in Australia

marriage for overseas couples


Getting married in Australia by a celebrant is a simple process.

The Notice of Intended Marriage can simply be down loaded from www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

The form must be completed and signed by the authorised persons mentioned on the form.

Email the signed notice of Intended Marriage to me as well as scanned birth certificates and divorce or death certificate if applicable.

Then send the ORIGINAL Notice of Intended Marriage to me by registered post, to get to me at least one month before the marriage is to take place.

The ceremony and location can easily be organized with emails and phone calls and my time will always be available to you to answer any questions or queries you may have.

Upon your arrival in Sydney I will meet with you and sight all ORIGINAL relevant documents, being birth certificates / passports/ divorce certificates / final dissolution of marriage certificates / and where applicable annulment certificates and death certificates along with accredited translated documents.

These original documents must be sighted by me before a marriage can take place.

If you have arrived in time we would then visit the venue where the ceremony is to take place and if wanted have a rehearsal for your “Special Day”.

Bride and Groom with Bridal Party
Wedding party
Wedding at Manly Skiff Club